What are your safety resolutions for your business?
After having a great break over the Xmas and New Year period (or you worked through it,) and being hit in the face by the January blues- have you focused on what your business goals are. Many businesses overlook safety or do not factor it in to their plans, and then realise when their goal is in site that they really should have considered it.
Here are 10 resolutions
1. Be kind to yourself and others- stress for you and others is not good for anyone.
2. Train your employees in safety and give them more ownership of the workplace and what happens.
3. Start a safety campaign
4. Look at your existing documents and check they are still appropriate for your business, if you don’t have any then consider what you need to do next.
5. Tell your clients and connections about your goals for safety, let them know that you work safely.
6. Carry out a weekly safety walk round and share the findings with your team.
7. Start a safety meeting with your colleagues or include it in the agenda of the meetings you currently have.
8. Place a safety suggestion box in the employee restaurant.
9. Begin to educate your staff on reporting near misses and start to action your findings.
10. Look at what your competitors are doing and do better.
Whatever your resolutions, even if it’s just one, the most important thing is to ensure that everyone stays safe at work and goes home safe. And if you don’t know where to start, then you can always find out more on our website.